I’m in rural South West France and we had a humongous storm last night. The power line by the side of our house looks like it was hit with lightning which has taken the power out for the whole surrounding area. Our internet router also blew up. Oops.
Cue no electricity or wifi. I know what you’re thinking, how am I coping? (The answer is McDonald’s wifi.) Nevertheless, here is a list of 10 thoughts that have gone through my head today (in this order) to let you know how I’m doing…
- Oh that’s fine, we still have water & gas! We don’t use that much electricity anyway…
- THERE’S NO KETTLE. I CAN’T HAVE A CUP OF TEA.
- Oh yeah, we have gas, I can boil water on the hob. Crisis averted. *looks sheepish*
- I’ll just go to the loo *tries to turn light on* oh I’ll go in the dark then…
- I can’t charge my phone OR my laptop. This is the end.
- Eats ALL the ice cream before it becomes a liquid mess #winning
- No wifi or 3G so no chance of any messages but checks phone for 67th time anyway.
- *internally cries as throws 50 euros of food out from the freezer*
- Goes to turn light switch on for the 5877677 time. Nope. Still no electricity *facepalm*
- WHAT DID PEOPLE DO BEFORE THE INTERNET. *goes to McDonalds*