After my post yesterday on practising gratitude… Here are 5 things that I have been grateful for in my life this week…
- This week I have been in South West France on holiday. It’s been a lovely week of complete relaxation and beautiful weather. I feel so lucky to be able to escape London (as much as I love it!) for a bit.
- The beautiful French landscape. I’m in very rural France and the landscape and little towns here are just beautiful. It’s such a marked contrast from London it really makes me appreciate everything that much more!
- Reading. I’ve really got back into reading this week, after pretty much a year off. I’ve loved getting my nose stuck into books. I’ll have plenty of book reviews coming up for you soon I think!
- Being able to jump into a pool! For most of you back home there has been a massive heatwave in the UK this week. 33 degrees in London, unheard of!! I flew out to France Monday morning so by the evening I was able to use the pool to cool off. The absolute best thing when you’re baking from a day of travelling.
- The French markets! The fresh fruit and veg at the markets on Thursday was just amazing. You walk around and can smell the spices, melons and cooked food. Incredible!